Announcement

Collapse

PLEASE READ! YOUR TIME HERE COULD DEPEND ON IT!

Welcome to the Lionel Racing Forum! All users must register for a forum account to post. You MUST be an active Lionel Racing buyer and your email MUST match what is in our database. Inappropriate names or anything using Lionel, RCCA or any Lionel affiliates will not be accepted as a forum account name. If your registration has any of these stated issues your account will be deleted. Please read the registration email you receive when signing up and follow the instructions. Check your junk/spam folder if you do not see one in your mailbox. You cannot post to the forum until this is complete.

Forum Mantra..."TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED" keyboard warriors not needed. Be respectful of forum admin and others at all times. Your account could be banned at anytime at Lionel Racing Admin discretion.
See more
See less

2022 Goodyear 400 (Mothers Day) AT Darlington Weekend Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zonilug View Post

I called it! F1 beat NASCAR in the 18-49 demo.
    Also before anyone comes after me with the "it was on ABC while NASCAR was on FS1," yes that does make a difference but only 19.7% of NASCAR viewers are in the demo that networks care about compared to 35.5% in F1... thats been a continuing trend for a while for most all NASCAR races and that's a big problem for the future of NASCAR and a leading indicator of the work they have to do in attracting new and younger fans for the long term health of the sport.
    the F1 Race could have been earlyer in the Day not at the same time has The Cup Race
    #SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

• Originally posted by Steelersfan1988 View Post

the F1 Race could have been earlyer in the Day not at the same time has The Cup Race
      What?
      F1 races are always around 3pm local unless they are a night race. And F1 has no obligation to start earlier just because NASCAR is on at the same time.

Comment

What?
        F1 races are always around 3pm local unless they are a night race. And F1 has no obligation to start earlier just because NASCAR is on at the same time.
        But the NASCAR Time was Already Set by FOX Before the 2022 F1 Schedule was Release
        #SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

But the NASCAR Time was Already Set by FOX Before the 2022 F1 Schedule was Release
          F1 is not beholden to NASCAR and is the larger motorsport worldwide. They don't care if NASCAR is racing at the same time.
          Would it be nice if the F1 race or NASCAR race were on at different times? Sure, but F1 does not care, nor should they. Their races have larger audiences at the track, are growing massively in the ratings, and are shorter than NASCAR races.
          That's just the reality of F1 vs. NASCAR in the US.

Comment

U.S. motorsports viewership on Sunday:

1) NASCAR Cup Series at Darlington (FS1): 1.45 rating, 2.614 million viewers.
            🔳 18-49 demographic: 517,000 viewers

2) Formula 1 at Miami (ABC): 1.08 rating, 2.066 million viewers.
            🔳 18-49 demographic: 735,000 viewers https://t.co/kKSwzMF3CI
            A new amendment to this from Adam Stern
            @F1Miami got 2.6 million viewers for the green-to-checkered portion of the
            @ABCNetwork broadcast window Sunday.
            ABC got 2.066 million for the full window, which included 90 minutes of pre-race coverage.

So that puts F1 at 2.6 million and NASCAR at 2.614 Million.

Comment

• I watched both live*.... SOooo?

* online streams do not count.
              Last edited by Lastlap; 05-10-2022, 02:03 PM.
              "Bent fenders. Hurt Feelings. I love it!" - Kevin Harvick

Comment

• Originally posted by Lastlap View Post
                * online streams do not count.
                What do you mean by this? I use Hulu to stream Fox and FS1 to watch the races.
                Championship predictions: Trucks:4 Xfinity:9 Cup:9
                Championship hopes: Trucks: 38 Xfinity:9 Cup:24

Comment

• zonilug
                  zonilug commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think what he means is those who are streaming via FoxSports.com or ESPN.com, not cable streaming.

• Lastlap
                  Lastlap commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, I meant I watch my races via non legit streams etc

• Just gonna say..... F1 prerace isn't interresting... I enjoy trying to get the prerace info and interviews. But the people are condescending for the most part... And let's be honest..... F1 I can watch for just a little bit. Because action for the most part is none existent.

Restarts and race starts are fun to watch. But for the most part the racing is dull..... except for the speed they race at. The corner speeds are insane.

Nascar has that true action for the most part... And when done right for broadcast can be totally more action packed.. my two cents.

Comment

• Texas3
                  Texas3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I admit, I have watched the G.P of Monoco, for many years, just a cool street course and scenery.

• Thunderstruck
                  Thunderstruck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And understand that. I will watch for curiosity... and then walk away and do the wife's to do list....

I called it! F1 beat NASCAR in the 18-49 demo.
                Also before anyone comes after me with the "it was on ABC while NASCAR was on FS1," yes that does make a difference but only 19.7% of NASCAR viewers are in the demo that networks care about compared to 35.5% in F1... thats been a continuing trend for a while for most all NASCAR races and that's a big problem for the future of NASCAR and a leading indicator of the work they have to do in attracting new and younger fans for the long term health of the sport.
                Glad to see NASCAR coming through as the yuppie sport that it is...
                Championship predictions: Trucks:4 Xfinity:9 Cup:9
                Championship hopes: Trucks: 38 Xfinity:9 Cup:24

Comment

• ThorSport has won its appeal of the Matt Crafton DQ from Darlington ... His fifth-place finish and points will be restored. ... The panel ruled they did not violate the rules (they had been measured as too low in the front). No other explanation.
                  #SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

Working...
                  X