Announcement

Collapse

PLEASE READ! YOUR TIME HERE COULD DEPEND ON IT!

Welcome to the Lionel Racing Forum! All users must register for a forum account to post. You MUST be an active Lionel Racing buyer and your email MUST match what is in our database. Inappropriate names or anything using Lionel, RCCA or any Lionel affiliates will not be accepted as a forum account name. If your registration has any of these stated issues your account will be deleted. Please read the registration email you receive when signing up and follow the instructions. Check your junk/spam folder if you do not see one in your mailbox. You cannot post to the forum until this is complete.

Forum Mantra..."TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED" keyboard warriors not needed. Be respectful of forum admin and others at all times. Your account could be banned at anytime at Lionel Racing Admin discretion.
See more
See less

2022-23 silly season discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022-23 silly season discussion thread

I'm kinda surprised this isn't already a thing, but here ya go. Discuss silly season news, rumors, predictions and all other things here. Big news right now is that Truex will be back for 2023:
    24/16/42/7

Where does Kyle busch go
    #SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

I’d still guess Kyle Busch stays put at JGR, but crazier things have happened. Until it announced that he’s renewed, anything could happen. Are there any other big names up in the air? Pretty much everyone one else is locked down for next year right? The big dominoes left are the 10 & 18.

Comment

Originally posted by kwobubba View Post
        I’d still guess Kyle Busch stays put at JGR, but crazier things have happened. Until it announced that he’s renewed, anything could happen. Are there any other big names up in the air? Pretty much everyone one else is locked down for next year right? The big dominoes left are the 10 & 18.
        Reddick and Erik Jones

I know Reddick Has a option with RCR in 2023
        #SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

Who signs on as a sponsor for whoever drives the 10 and 18 cars, and if Kyle Busch leaves, who fills his seat (Probably Ty Gibbs)

Comment

• Raptor_7206
            Raptor_7206 commented
            Editing a comment
            Chevywolf30 I know that Gibbs has a year more in xfinity, however, if the seat is open, I bet Gibbs will fill it

• Chevywolf30
            Chevywolf30 commented
            Editing a comment
            Raptor_7206 Since I posted that, I realized that Coach might jump on an opportunity to put Ty in his most iconic number

• Raptor_7206
            Raptor_7206 commented
            Editing a comment
            Chevywolf30 I hope he does. He is a great driver, and I want him to do good.

Originally posted by Steelersfan1988 View Post

Reddick and Erik Jones

I know Reddick Has a option with RCR in 2023
          Reddick is staying at RCR long term

Comment

• kwobubba
            kwobubba commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe, but if someone swoops and offers him a better ride during a contract year, I’d guess he’d take it.

• Alan Harkleroad
            Alan Harkleroad commented
            Editing a comment
            This didnt age well

• SRT392
            SRT392 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahaha...nice!

What are the odds a driver like Kyle Busch just hangs up his nascar gear and races somewhere else? With the path Jimmie Johnson took, it seems more possible. I know Jimmie said he likes the lighter schedule that Indy car gives him. A guy like Kyle could probably go drive about whatever he wants and spend more time on the road with Brexton.

Comment

Originally posted by kwobubba View Post
            What are the odds a driver like Kyle Busch just hangs up his nascar gear and races somewhere else? With the path Jimmie Johnson took, it seems more possible. I know Jimmie said he likes the lighter schedule that Indy car gives him. A guy like Kyle could probably go drive about whatever he wants and spend more time on the road with Brexton.
            And Kyle still has plenty in him, he could probably end up being competitive wherever he goes, unlike Jimmie.
            Last edited by Chevywolf30; 07-01-2022, 05:22 PM.
            24/16/42/7

Comment

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2022/07...gn-kyle-busch/
              KFB leaving the 18 looking more and more like a possibility, that's just surreal, Kyle Busch and the # 18 are such an iconic duo
              Last edited by Chevywolf30; 07-20-2022, 12:37 AM. Reason: It's Kyle Busch and the 18 not Kyle Busch and the Racing Discussions for crying out loud
              24/16/42/7

Comment

So was Bobby Labonte...

Comment

Think Kyle Busch is looking for ownership stake like BK or Hamlin...JGR would not give that but another smaller team would welcome the investment.

Comment

• Steelersfan1988
                    Steelersfan1988 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Andy he has KBM why would he Co own a Cup Team

I feel like if we get into the playoffs and they havent resigned him he will be gone to another team and it wont be with Toyota.

Comment

I'll say full time Trucks for Kyle.
                    "Bent fenders, hurt feelings. I love it!" - Kevin Harvick​

Comment

Originally posted by raceman5000 View Post
                      Think Kyle Busch is looking for ownership stake like BK or Hamlin...JGR would not give that but another smaller team would welcome the investment.
                      I don't think Kyle would ask for that, and that he would be smarter than to ask Joe Gibbs for it. If Stewart and Hamlin didn't become part owners with him, I don't think it would be Kyle to do it. I think anyone asking Joe Gibbs for part ownership would be like someone asking Rick Hendrick to be a part owner of his team as a driver, ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by zonilug View Post
                        would be like someone asking Rick Hendrick to be a part owner of his team as a driver, ain't gonna happen.
                        Err... Jeff Gordon.

"Bent fenders, hurt feelings. I love it!" - Kevin Harvick​

Comment

Working...
                        X