Announcement

Collapse

PLEASE READ! YOUR TIME HERE COULD DEPEND ON IT!

This is a new forum. All members must register a new account. Be sure to clear your cache and cookies to clear your computer of any issues or any past site caching. Please read the registration email you receive when signing up and follow the instructions. Check your junk/spam folder if you do not see one in your mailbox. You cannot post to the forum until this is complete.

Forum Mantra..."TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED" keyboard warriors not needed. Be respectful of forum admin and others at all times. Your account could be banned at anytime at Lionel Racing Admin Discrection.
See more
See less

It's about time!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's about time!

    Good-grief! I've been having forum withdrawals.

    The most exciting race of the year at Charlotte a couple of weeks ago, and I wasn't even able to post anything about it. LOL

  • #2
    well now you get to post about the destruction derby this weekend

    Comment


    • #3
      Not happy about the forum update. There was no word of warning. I had info saved in my message center which I no longer have access to. Why the member database could not be moved over is confusing to me.

      Also, the old forum you needed to be an RCCA member, I guess anyone will now join.
      Last edited by Lastlap; 10-10-2019, 06:56 PM.
      "Bent fenders. Hurt Feelings. I love it!" - Kevin Harvick

      Comment


      • #4
        It's good to have the forum back.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yay for it being back, boo on all the content being dumped. I am sure it needed a good cleaning, probably a lot of storage costs for all the pictures and other data threads. Just unexpected loss of all those PM's, discussion boards and showcases by so many members.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yea I had a lot of pm's of members who had cars I wanted when they were ready to sell and now all of that is lost bummer.

            Comment


            • #7
              This is awesome! Glad the forum is back. I didn’t post for a while and then when I tried, it was gone. Hey and we’re all junior members. Im a newbie!

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey, the best improvement? “LIKE” button!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Fouraker View Post
                  This is awesome! Glad the forum is back. I didn’t post for a while and then when I tried, it was gone. Hey and we’re all junior members. Im a newbie!
                  Everyone is a Newbie lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lastlap View Post
                    Not happy about the forum update. There was no word of warning. I had info saved in my message center which I no longer have access to. Why the member database could not be moved over is confusing to me.

                    Also, the old forum you needed to be an RCCA member, I guess anyone will now join.
                    I agree. No warning of an update and all data lost. Sounds like my employer was behind this "upgrade". Lol. But I am glad it's back!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gupster88 View Post

                      I agree. No warning of an update and all data lost. Sounds like my employer was behind this "upgrade". Lol. But I am glad it's back!
                      Sorry guys.....we didn't get a warning. The site crashed. It was done. And the company could not/would not repair.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Also, I would say to everyone. Do not depend on any system to maintain so you should never hold PM's or important data in anything. Always have a backup. You still have to be a member to join. I will be monitoring names. I just didn't want to manually accept everyone at first since we will have a ton of new members signing up.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LionelRacing View Post

                          Sorry guys.....we didn't get a warning. The site crashed. It was done. And the company could not/would not repair.
                          Thanks for the information. If site crashed and the company couldn't/wouldn't repair it then I understand you had to do what you had to do! Overall just glad it's back up!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LionelRacing View Post
                            Also, I would say to everyone. Do not depend on any system to maintain so you should never hold PM's or important data in anything. Always have a backup. You still have to be a member to join. I will be monitoring names. I just didn't want to manually accept everyone at first since we will have a ton of new members signing up.
                            I’m not sure if membership is kept track based off of email. If so I used a different email to register then what is associated with my RCCA Lionel account, I used my school email for the forum account lol. Either way very happy the forum is back!
                            Last edited by Blazethesol52; 10-11-2019, 09:03 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Glad to be back I missed this place!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X