Announcement

Collapse

PLEASE READ! YOUR TIME HERE COULD DEPEND ON IT!

This is a new forum. All members must register a new account. Be sure to clear your cache and cookies to clear your computer of any issues or any past site caching. Please read the registration email you receive when signing up and follow the instructions. Check your junk/spam folder if you do not see one in your mailbox. You cannot post to the forum until this is complete.

Forum Mantra..."TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED" keyboard warriors not needed. Be respectful of forum admin and others at all times. Your account could be banned at anytime at Lionel Racing Admin Discrection.
See more
See less

Earnhardt Jr on ballot for 2021 Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earnhardt Jr on ballot for 2021 Hall of Fame

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nascar-...183151142.html

No. Not yet IMO.
    "Bent fenders. Hurt Feelings. I love it!" - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Originally posted by Lastlap View Post
      No. Not yet IMO.
      DW I was thinking the same thing

Comment

No way he's a 1st ballot, just no way

Comment

I'd be surprised if he's not.

Comment

The hall will get him in first ballot just to get fans in the door. Sad because there are so many on that list that deserve to go in before him. Ricky Rudd for example.

Comment

Absolutely deserves to be on the ballot and should become inducted.

Comment

I get the reluctance of some to say yes. Really do.

However, if you look at stats he’s earned it. He has 25 cup wins. All drivers with that number of wins or more who are eligible are in the Hall. See this link:

https://www.espn.com/jayski/stats/st...up-series-wins

(Last updated in 2018 which is why Stewart is. It listed as HOF). So from a Cup win standpoint he is in the running.

Then you add on his two Busch championships, Two Daytona 500 wins, his management of Jr Motorsports, and how his fan base was a large part of the sport, and it’s tough to argue against his candidacy.

Are there others who deserve consideration? Absolutely. But by saying he belongs it doesn’t take away from the fact that they bo g too. Just my thought.

it’s been a while since I’ve posted (I think last discussion I posted to was under the old forum) hope everyone is doing really well.
                Last edited by GoDevils; 04-07-2020, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Definitely deserves it. Not sure if he gets in first ballot with the new restrictions on era, but definitely gets in this year or next, I would think. His racing stats are pretty solid, despite what his critics say. I’d also argue that his contributions to the sport in media and as a team owner are great, not to mention his name recognition outside of the sport. Well deserved.

Comment

He'll get in, and that's fine. It is what it is. But Jeff Burton has no business being anywhere near the ballot for the hall of fame. That's a waste of space.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDevils View Post
                      I get the reluctance of some to say yes. Really do.

However, if you look at stats he’s earned it. He has 25 cup wins. All drivers with that number of wins or more who are eligible are in the Hall. See this link:

https://www.espn.com/jayski/stats/st...up-series-wins

(Last updated in 2018 which is why Stewart is. It listed as HOF). So from a Cup win standpoint he is in the running.

Then you add on his two Busch championships, Two Daytona 500 wins, his management of Jr Motorsports, and how his fan base was a large part of the sport, and it’s tough to argue against his candidacy.

Are there others who deserve consideration? Absolutely. But by saying he belongs it doesn’t take away from the fact that they bo g too. Just my thought.

it’s been a while since I’ve posted (I think last discussion I posted to was under the old forum) hope everyone is doing really well.
                      in my honest opinion he hasn't done enough as a driver to be in the hof let alone a 1st ballot, 10 of his 26 wins came from superspeedway racing, lots of races in between wins, little more the 8,200 laps led, no cup championships, he has 2 daytona 500 wins which is impressive but you don't make the hall for winning a particular race, his 2 busch championships mean nothing and this is coming from his own fanbase that bashed my driver for years about the minors. his driving career was great but it wasn't hof worthy, now him as a car owner for jrm, that he is hall worthy for.
                      Last edited by Biggums7; 04-08-2020, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggums7 View Post

in my honest opinion he hasn't done enough as a driver to be in the hof let alone a 1st ballot, 10 of his 26 wins came from superspeedway racing, lots of races in between wins, little more the 8,200 laps led, no cup championships, he has 2 daytona 500 wins which is impressive but you don't make the hall for winning a particular race, his 2 busch championships mean nothing and this is coming from his own fanbase that bashed my driver for years about the minors. his driving career was great but it wasn't hof worthy, now him as a car owner for jrm, that he is hall worthy for.
                        His Hall worthiness comes from 26 wins (2 being Daytona 500 wins), two Xfinity Championships, being a 14x most popular driver award winner and all of his work for the sport outside of the track. It's not just on track stuff that will put him in the hall. He'll be a first ballot driver into the hall and it'll be extremely deserving.

Comment

Congrats to Jr for the nomination. As a HOF member, I feel that he should make it as a first ballot hall of famer. He is a winner on and off the track.

Comment

Originally posted by zonilug View Post

His Hall worthiness comes from 26 wins (2 being Daytona 500 wins), two Xfinity Championships, being a 14x most popular driver award winner and all of his work for the sport outside of the track. It's not just on track stuff that will put him in the hall. He'll be a first ballot driver into the hall and it'll be extremely deserving.
                            Him being owner of jrm will get him in, he's not a 1st ballot, if david pearson wasnt a 1st ballot, jr sure as hell shouldn't be

Comment

Originally posted by Biggums7 View Post

Him being owner of jrm will get him in, he's not a 1st ballot, if david pearson wasnt a 1st ballot, jr sure as hell shouldn't be
                              You do realize that you don't just get into the hall for your on track achievements, right? Many people have said that the main thing which puts him in the hall is what he did off track and what he has done for the sport to raise awareness.
                              What's so bad about him being a first ballot? I really don't understand why you or anyone would be so against it. He's more than deserving and has done more for the sport than anyone else has.

Comment

Working...
                              X