Announcement

Collapse

PLEASE READ! YOUR TIME HERE COULD DEPEND ON IT!

This is a new forum. All members must register a new account. Be sure to clear your cache and cookies to clear your computer of any issues or any past site caching. Please read the registration email you receive when signing up and follow the instructions. Check your junk/spam folder if you do not see one in your mailbox. You cannot post to the forum until this is complete.

Forum Mantra..."TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED" keyboard warriors not needed. Be respectful of forum admin and others at all times. Your account could be banned at anytime at Lionel Racing Admin Discrection.
See more
See less

Iracing at North Wilkesboro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iracing at North Wilkesboro

The should show Knoxville on tv instead of the Cartoon Network Racin' League

Wrasslin is more believable as a sport than these have been
    Last edited by LGBlues19; 05-06-2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

No one forcing you to tune in.

Comment

Originally posted by LGBlues19 View Post
        The should show Knoxville on tv instead of the Cartoon Network Racin' League

Wrasslin is more believable as a sport than these have been
        Fantasy racing & fantasy paint schemes. lol.
        Established since 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Empire Racing View Post

Fantasy racing & fantasy paint schemes. lol.
          Lol dancers at gentleman's clubs are more believable that they are interested in relationships with their customers than this cartoon

Comment

Originally posted by LGBlues19 View Post

Lol dancers at gentleman's clubs are more believable that they are interested in relationships with their customers than this cartoon
            Why are you so obsessed with it if you aren't interested in it?

Comment

Honestly I've not watched the last few weeks because... well, these 'professional' drivers have looked like a damn bunch of rookies and it's turned into a wreckfest at times... open Sierra servers anyone??

Even my N2k3 league guys don't race/drive as bad as these guys. But it's North Wilkes...

So the people who are complaining about Fantasy cars etc etc... now it's Fantasy Cars on a Fantasy Track as Wilkes last held Cup race was 1996.
              "Bent fenders. Hurt Feelings. I love it!" - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Originally posted by Dicky Doo Dab View Post

Why are you so obsessed with it if you aren't interested in it?
                Hardly obsessed. Can you honestly say that this is 100% as good as actual racing?

Comment

I only caught the last 16 laps when Denny moved Chastain out of the way for the win. Was pretty fun though watching the end of it.
                  I will say this much, I know that North Wilkesboro will never come back to cup racing, but It would be cool to see. The racing was really fun from what I saw. It would just take too much money and I don't think people care enough in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by zonilug View Post
                    I only caught the last 16 laps when Denny moved Chastain out of the way for the win. Was pretty fun though watching the end of it.
                    I will say this much, I know that North Wilkesboro will never come back to cup racing, but It would be cool to see. The racing was really fun from what I saw. It would just take too much money and I don't think people care enough in the area.
                    SMI owns the track it needs buildings rebuild and new garage area
                    #SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

Jr diecast in the works
                      https://twitter.com/MikeDavis88/stat...460861959?s=09
                      #SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

Originally posted by Steelersfan1988 View Post

SMI owns the track it needs buildings rebuild and new garage area
                        Yeah, $100 million easily. No one is going to invest that if they don't think people will come or have evidence that people will come. The city needs to do their part as well to make it happen.

Comment

SMI wants $10-12M for the property. So even development firms don't want to touch it.

Comment

I’m about to stir something up with this one... keep in mind, I was one the last time NASCAR went there so this IRacing was my first exposure to it but It looked like NW would race a lot like New Hampshire does, and no one wants another New Hampshire on the schedule lol... also, I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t have been closed at all if it were drawing fans like Daytona, Martinsville, etc... that’s the long way of saying, I’m not sure we need it back.

Comment

Originally posted by AJH9 View Post
                              I’m about to stir something up with this one... keep in mind, I was one the last time NASCAR went there so this IRacing was my first exposure to it but It looked like NW would race a lot like New Hampshire does, and no one wants another New Hampshire on the schedule lol... also, I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t have been closed at all if it were drawing fans like Daytona, Martinsville, etc... that’s the long way of saying, I’m not sure we need it back.
                              I might be wrong, it wasn't the fact North Wilkes wasn't getting the fans (look at the stands).. but the facilities were small & dated. NW needed a lot of money invested to bring that place up to new Cup (late 90's) standards. SMI had already invested a lot of money into NHMS and other places so moving the race dates to other markets made sense to them at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X