Announcement

Collapse

PLEASE READ! YOUR TIME HERE COULD DEPEND ON IT!

This is a new forum. All members must register a new account. Be sure to clear your cache and cookies to clear your computer of any issues or any past site caching. Please read the registration email you receive when signing up and follow the instructions. Check your junk/spam folder if you do not see one in your mailbox. You cannot post to the forum until this is complete.

Forum Mantra..."TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED" keyboard warriors not needed. Be respectful of forum admin and others at all times. Your account could be banned at anytime at Lionel Racing Admin Discrection.
See more
See less

Brad K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad K

Wild thought here but what if Brad starts his own team in 2021 or maybe buys stock in a Front Row type and basically tries to emulate SHR? A lot of people, including myself think he’ll end up in the 48 but Brad has said in the past he’s an aspiring Cup owner and A lot of the circumstances are similar to when Tony joined Gene and started SHR... interesting thought at least.

Well the only way it would happen is like Tony did, must have a partner. Too expensive to go alone now and unstable. Need someone to sanity check. I think he is going to the 48.

Comment

It would take a partner to happen which I don't think there is one out there that would be willing to give him part of their company, and if there is one that would there isn't one out there that would have the resources Gene has to make it as successful as SHR has been.

Comment

He dropped his Truck team to start KAM in order to have a main revenue source before he starts another team. I don't know if KAM is even making a profit yet cause it's so new.

Comment

Originally posted by ashinyobject View Post
          He dropped his Truck team to start KAM in order to have a main revenue source before he starts another team. I don't know if KAM is even making a profit yet cause it's so new.
          KAM was started in 2018. If it wasn't making a profit, the doors would've already shuttered. High end machine shops with KAM's capabilities don't take long to turn a profit.

Comment

I see him in the 48 next season.

Comment

Brad closed BKR due to costs. I doubt he wants to get into the Cup side of things.

Remember... Brad is just on loan.
              "Bent fenders. Hurt Feelings. I love it!" - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Yeah, like I said I still think he ends up in the 48... I just had that thought and think it’s possible...

it’s gonna be funny bc I’ve seen a lot of HMS fans who don’t like Brad seemingly oblivious to the strong possibility that he ends up in the 48 next season... hope I get to read their reactions if it happens

Comment

Just a thought......Bowman signs up for 1 more year, moves to the 48, BK signs up for 3 years and "comes home" to the 88.

Comment

Does Hendrick actually even want him back? Has Rick made recent comments that he would like him back?

Comment

Originally posted by LGBlues19 View Post
                      Does Hendrick actually even want him back? Has Rick made recent comments that he would like him back?
                      Not that I’m aware of but he did say there was no room for Jr and look how that went.... it just makes a ton of sense, Hendrick needs that veteran driver, Brad losing Miller Lite hurt but Ally is there so he shouldn’t need to bring his own dollars and, perhaps most importantly, Cindric will be at Penske/Wood Bros sooner than later...

Comment

He going to HMS, I think in a different numbered car than 48 though

Comment

Originally posted by AJH9 View Post

Not that I’m aware of but he did say there was no room for Jr and look how that went.... it just makes a ton of sense, Hendrick needs that veteran driver, Brad losing Miller Lite hurt but Ally is there so he shouldn’t need to bring his own dollars and, perhaps most importantly, Cindric will be at Penske/Wood Bros sooner than later...
                          that is if Ally actually wants him though. They might not find him marketable enough for what they are wanting. His looks definitely hold back his marketability as well as his diarrhea mouth

Comment

Originally posted by LGBlues19 View Post

that is if Ally actually wants him though. They might not find him marketable enough for what they are wanting. His looks definitely hold back his marketability as well as his diarrhea mouth

I dunno, has your diarrhea mouth held you back any in life? His looks? What an asinine statement.

Comment

Originally posted by kwobubba View Post

I dunno, has your diarrhea mouth held you back any in life? His looks? What an asinine statement.
                              Yes looks definitely play a part in marketing. Our top star isn't the best looking guy so I have to sell other more attractive players that are less talented to our partners. Look no further than Danica for proof of that .

nope never held me back since I don't say the dumb things that Brad does
                              Last edited by LGBlues19; 05-16-2020, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X