Announcement

Collapse

PLEASE READ! YOUR TIME HERE COULD DEPEND ON IT!

This is a new forum. All members must register a new account. Be sure to clear your cache and cookies to clear your computer of any issues or any past site caching. Please read the registration email you receive when signing up and follow the instructions. Check your junk/spam folder if you do not see one in your mailbox. You cannot post to the forum until this is complete.

Forum Mantra..."TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED" keyboard warriors not needed. Be respectful of forum admin and others at all times. Your account could be banned at anytime at Lionel Racing Admin Discrection.
See more
See less

Leavine 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leavine 2021

on Twitter there was a post that due to business being down from the Covid situation Leavine might have issues proceeding in 2021. Bell really should start looking outside of Toyota if he wants to compete. Especially if he can get out of the LFR RIDE

JGR & Toyota will not let this happen. I'm sure Rheem also.
    "Bent fenders. Hurt Feelings. I love it!" - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Originally posted by Lastlap View Post
      JGR & Toyota will not let this happen. I'm sure Rheem also.
      Won't let him get away or let Leavine shut down?

Comment

Doesn't sound very good to me about prospects for 2021 unless his business turns around drastically in the very near future
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LGBlues19 View Post
          Won't let him get away or let Leavine shut down?
          Yes.

Bell to #20, Jones to #95. Support from JGR & Toyota.

Comment

Yes.

Bell to #20, Jones to #95. Support from JGR & Toyota.
            One would have thought that would have been what happened this year though. Honestly based on his comments I doubt the 95 is around next year

Comment

Originally posted by LGBlues19 View Post
              One would have thought that would have been what happened this year though.
              That single win got Jones' option picked up.

If Nascar was bringing the Next Gen in '21 I could understand the possible costs as an issue. But it will be the same cars.

Banging the drum now is to drive support and interest for the team.
              Last edited by Lastlap; 05-19-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

To the #48 seat. lol.
                Established since 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Empire Racing View Post
                  To the #48 seat. lol.
                  Jones or Bell?

Comment

Jones or Bell?
                    Bell if he wants to be a winner, wishful thinking. lol.
                    Established since 1998

Comment

That single win got Jones' option picked up.

If Nascar was bringing the Next Gen in '21 I could understand the possible costs as an issue. But it will be the same cars.

Banging the drum now is to drive support and interest for the team.
                      Looks like he is in construction. Not sure if commercial or residential. He could be fighting to save his business . I'm sure racing would take a back seat to that. If Toyota wants to keep Bell they probably need to be working on a concession plan this week

Comment

At this point remove the limit of 4 charters

Comment

Originally posted by Empire Racing View Post

Bell if he wants to be a winner, wishful thinking. lol.
                          Yeah he is definitely struggling and I think a big part of it is that he isn't actually at Gibbs. I would have stayed in Xfinity or gone to SHR if I were him

Comment

If you read the article on the athletic it is directly tied to his construction business and he is not willing to go in debt and default his business for those employees over a race team.

Comment

https://www.jayski.com/2020/06/18/to...istopher-bell/

Toyota wants to keep Erik Jones, Christopher Bell

The president of Toyota Racing Development said Wednesday that "our desire" is to have both Erik Jones and Christopher Bell race for the manufacturer beyond this season but said "how we do it is yet to be determined."

Jones’ one-year contract extension with Joe Gibbs Racing expires after this season. Bell, a rookie for Leavine Family Racing, is in the first year of a multiyear contract. But Bell’s car owner, Bob Leavine, told The Athletic last month that "I’m walking that tightrope" to keep the team running beyond this season because of the economic downturn due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

David Wilson, president of TRD, addressed both drivers’ status with Toyota beyond this year in a video conference with reporters Wednesday.

"We all know that Erik is at the end of his current contract," Wilson said. "What’s the plan there? We don’t know. We’re working on that. (Car owner Joe Gibbs) and I are talking about that now every week. Our desire obviously is to keep both of those young men in our company. How we do it is yet to be determined."

Comment

Working...
                              X