Announcement

Collapse

PLEASE READ! YOUR TIME HERE COULD DEPEND ON IT!

This is a new forum. All members must register a new account. Be sure to clear your cache and cookies to clear your computer of any issues or any past site caching. Please read the registration email you receive when signing up and follow the instructions. Check your junk/spam folder if you do not see one in your mailbox. You cannot post to the forum until this is complete.

Forum Mantra..."TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED" keyboard warriors not needed. Be respectful of forum admin and others at all times. Your account could be banned at anytime at Lionel Racing Admin Discrection.
See more
See less

Jimmie Johnson New Primary Scheme??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmie Johnson New Primary Scheme??

I just saw a rumor that said that a new Jimmie scheme for the rest of the season will be announced tomorrow, a leaked photo was shown as well:

Click image for larger version  Name:	F5D3142B-5525-4B68-9315-763A1DF9257B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	104.7 KB ID:	33435

And an iRacing rendition of the scheme (drop shadow on the number missing):

Click image for larger version  Name:	38EC8966-B3BC-4362-8479-ACBB226F266B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	249.3 KB ID:	33436
    Last edited by FOX; 08-12-2020, 06:36 PM. Reason: Editing

If that happens, that’s a downgrade

Comment

It won't help his popularity, nor him winning a race, he pretty much has loss his mojo even in his last season. lol.
      Established since 1998

Comment

Not sure what it is with HMS these days but a lot of their schemes are just not very good. I prefer the white base actually but not that. I guess they really do miss Junior.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyFast4ord View Post
          Not sure what it is with HMS these days but a lot of their schemes are just not very good. I prefer the white base actually but not that. I guess they really do miss Junior.
          Honestly other than the Night Owl this is 100% the truth, the 24 hasn’t had good schemes since Gordon, the 88 hasn’t had very good schemes since Jr, apart from a few Nationwide schemes, but just like Chase’s NAPA schemes, they got old. I do like Chase’s NAPA scheme this year but it’s been the same for a couple years, and while he has a couple good schemes, NAPA doesn’t let them do a whole lot of anything, and then get a blue banner on the back of every chase car, even if it doesn’t mesh with the scheme, like the night owl or Mountain Dew schemes. Jimmie hasn’t had great schemes since Lowe’s left. It sucks because I see Harvick’s schemes and see what could be.

It might have something to do with Axalta, because I read somewhere that Axalta makes them paint the cars and not use wraps, so that might keep them from doing elaborate schemes on those cars.
          Last edited by FOX; 08-12-2020, 07:52 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by FOX View Post

It might have something to do with Axalta, because I read somewhere that Axalta makes them paint the cars and not use wraps, so that might keep them from doing elaborate schemes on those cars.
            You may be on to something there but still

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyFast4ord View Post

You may be on to something there but still
              Ya I agree it’s still not an excuse. It sounds like Jr got his schemes because he pushed for designing his own schemes, these younger drivers probably don’t have the power to demand something like that. Jimmie has that power though and Chase might have that power, but even then I doubt it. Jr was able to do a lot just because of who he is. Just look at some of the JRM cars.

Comment

I’ve heard Jr say he took pride in designing his paint schemes. I wonder if the younger drivers feel the same way

Comment

Originally posted by FOX View Post

Ya I agree it’s still not an excuse. It sounds like Jr got his schemes because he pushed for designing his own schemes, these younger drivers probably don’t have the power to demand something like that. Jimmie has that power though and Chase might have that power, but even then I doubt it. Jr was able to do a lot just because of who he is. Just look at some of the JRM cars.
                  24 Axalta is the Same Scheme Gordon Run in 2014 and 2015
                  #SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

Originally posted by matthewc3 View Post
                    If that happens, that’s a downgrade
                    Yes definitely think same

Comment

I personally love it, way better than his black primary. Would be an instant pre-order from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelersfan1988 View Post

24 Axalta is the Same Scheme Gordon Run in 2014 and 2015
                        That’s the exception not the norm. That’s probably the only scheme of Byron’s that I like a lot this year at least.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewKB118 View Post
                          I’ve heard Jr say he took pride in designing his paint schemes. I wonder if the younger drivers feel the same way
                          Earnhardt Jr is someone who can talk about side skirts for days. It’s fun to hear his perspective on schemes and designs.

Comment

I believe Sam bass used design a lot of HMS schemes. 2006 Lowe’s, 2017 Axalta (Dale Jr) 2017 Lowe’s...just to name a few he designed.

Comment

Originally posted by Logano2022 View Post
                              I personally love it, way better than his black primary. Would be an instant pre-order from me.
                              I think it’s just as good as his black one, which I do think is a good scheme.

Comment

Working...
                              X