Announcement

Collapse

PLEASE READ! YOUR TIME HERE COULD DEPEND ON IT!

This is a new forum. All members must register a new account. Be sure to clear your cache and cookies to clear your computer of any issues or any past site caching. Please read the registration email you receive when signing up and follow the instructions. Check your junk/spam folder if you do not see one in your mailbox. You cannot post to the forum until this is complete.

Forum Mantra..."TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED" keyboard warriors not needed. Be respectful of forum admin and others at all times. Your account could be banned at anytime at Lionel Racing Admin Discrection.
See more
See less

24 hrs lemans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 hrs lemans

corvette skipping this years race damm
    Last edited by jrracer; 09-19-2020, 03:07 PM.

What this?

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewKB118 View Post
    What this?
    I would say that it's probably the most prestigious race in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by zonilug View Post

I would say that it's probably the most prestigious race in the world.
      Really? Interesting I’ve never heard of it till today

Comment

If you haven't heard of it before now (no judgement) it's never too late to read up on it. Super historical race testing the limits of automotive technology.
        Lastlap knows much more than I do, as I've only recently become interested in sportscar racing and the WEC. But definitely I believe it's the most prestigious race in the world from both a manufacturer's perspective and a driver's perspective.
        There's some great documentaries on Netflix about it as well as the movie, Ford Vs. Ferrari centered around their rivalry at Lemans.

Comment

• MatthewKB118
          MatthewKB118 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for telling me this

Originally posted by jrracer View Post
        corvette skipping this years race damm
        Great article here on it: https://www.autoweek.com/racing/more...mans-for-2020/
        It's also fair to think that they don't want to seem tone deaf to go spend a ton of money to race at lemans, while they're cutting jobs and slowing production due to the pandemic. That in addition to not being competitive

Comment

Thanks for the mention Gents, totally forgot the moved dates of the race.

Just got home from work, watching now...

Find that hard to believe.

Steve McQueen made a movie about it, Ford vs Ferrari was another movie about it. Dan Gurney won it, he started the champagne spraying tradition.

It's a Jewel race along with Daytona 24hr & Sebring 12hr along with a few others.
          "Bent fenders. Hurt Feelings. I love it!" - Kevin Harvick

Comment

What a shame. The lead No. 7 Toyota has a turbo issue. Now having to work on the car.

Comment

Seems the TMG #7 doesn't have the luck at Le Mans.

But only 5 LMP1 cars is a bit of joke though.

Kinda expecting an LMP2 overall winner.
              "Bent fenders. Hurt Feelings. I love it!" - Kevin Harvick

Comment

I tried to watch, but Motor Trend TV's coverage was abysmal, and that might be generous. LMP1 was uncompetitive, not much parity in GTE Pro, and GTE Am looked like a Ferrari Invitational. Oh and the fuel regulations are an absolute joke, along with the FIA/ACO's BoP. Overall it was one of the most lackluster races in the events history.

Comment

Working...
                X